- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Mechanical Engineering, Ph.D. 2012
- University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez, Mechanical Engineering, M.S. 2007
- Shandong University, Mechanical Engineering, B.S. 2004
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Stony Brook University, 2013 - Present
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Aerospace Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2012-2013
Research Interests and History
Dr. Wang won the 2012 Student Best Hardware Award at the 2012 ASME conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems for the paper titled “Experimental Validation of Simultaneous Gust Alleviation and Energy Harvesting for Multifunctional Composite Wing Spar”. She has an Invited Feature Article for the Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 2013. She is a member of ASME, IEEE, AIAA and SPIE, and serves as an elected member of technical committees of ASME Aerospace Division, Adaptive Structures and Material Systems Branch. She has been a Conference Session Chair for SPIE Smart Structures/NDE 2012 and SPIE Smart Structures/NDE 2013 conferences. Furthermore, she has made significant advancements in writing proposals and guiding students.