Hsengji (Sam) Huang
- University of Michigan, Ph.D., Aerospace Engineering, 2008
- National Taiwan University, M.S., Civil Engineering, 1999
- National Central University, B.S., Civil Engineering, 1997
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, Stony Brook University, 2014 - present
- Universal Technology Corporation, Research Engineer, 2010 - 2014
Research Interests and History
Dr. Huang received his PhD in 2008 in Aerospace Engineering from University of Michigan at Ann Arbor . From 2009 to 2010, he worked in the structural group in General Atomic Aeronautical Systems at San Diego. From 2010 to 2013, he worked on research related to thermal transport, electronic transport, and reliability on electronic devices at Wright Patterson Air Force Research Lab. In 2014 he joined the faculty at Stony Brook University as an Assistant Professor.
His current research interests are in multi-scale progressive failure in composites, digital image correlation method, non-destructive evaluation method, synthesis and characterization of composites for thermal and electrical applications, and application of symmetry and group theory on mechanics.