- Paris-Sud University/ESPCI, France, Ph.D. 2001
- Paris-Sud University, France, M.S. 1998
- Paris-Sud University, France, B.S. 1997
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, Stony Brook University, 2007- present
- Postdoctoral Research Scholar, Chemistry and Biochemistry Department, University of California, Los Angeles, 2005-2007
- Postdoctoral Research Scholar, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department, University of California, Los Angeles, 2002-2005
Research Interests and History
Dr. Thomas Cubaud's research interests span between microfluidics, interfacial phenomena, hydrodynamics, nanotechnologies, and soft matter physics. He is interested in the development and the application of methods to produce and control interfaces at the microscale. Dr. Cubaud's research is aimed at developing innovative microfluidic systems into diagnostic, manufacturing, and delivery tools for a wide variety of fluids and soft material. He is a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), and the American Physical Society (APS).