Overall Stony Brook University Rankings
Stony Brook University rates very high in global rankings of Universities world-wide, and among the PhD granting Universities in the United States of America. In a general ranking released in November 2004 of the more than 8,300 universities worldwide, the Times of London ranked Stony Brook 136th, and in the top 50 in North America. It ranked 33rd worldwide in research impact.
The Institute for Higher Education in Shanghai ranked Stony Brook among the top 150 universities in the world. In addition, the Times of London Higher Education Supplement, in a rating of the best sciences universities globally, ranked Stony Brook No. 76 in the world, 21st in the U.S. and 10th among U.S. public universities.
- One of ten universities to receive a National Science Foundation Recognition Award for integrating research and undergraduate education
- Ranked among the top tier of National Universities by U.S.News & World Report and included on their list of notable programs for undergraduate research/creative projects
- Ranked one of "The 100 Best Values in Higher Education" among public universities by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Ranked eighth among public universities with students going on to elite graduate programs by The Wall Street Journal
- Stony Brook University Hospital is ranked among the top 15 teaching hospitals in the U.S.A.
Department of Mechanical Engineering Rankings
Faculty Scholarly Productivity Ranking
Faculty Awards and Honors